Reaction Paper 3 Objectives Summary:
From most important to least based on student reaction papers:
- Reduce nutrient loads from agricultural areas to downstream
receiving water and marshes
- Aglands provide important hydrological and water quality functions
integrated landscape-urban, ag, and natural areas.
- Reduce negative impacts of ag pesticides released to the
environment (tied with 3)
- Aglands provide hydrologic function to adjacent ecosystems.
- Create and enhance habitat for wildlife with ag landscape
- Improve competitiveness of native plants in the industry (tied
- Increase ag diversity (crops, products, and participants)
- Preserve, accrete or cumulate organic soils